Shimmer Paints are a returning item from a few years ago and are in the 2018 Holiday Catalog. There are many ways that you can use these wonderful, beautiful paints. You can use them on paper as well as fabric.
Tips and Tricks
- You can use saran wrap. Put some shimmer paint onto a clear block and take a piece of balled up saran wrap and dip it into the paint. Then dob it all over a plain whisper white piece of cardstock. Once dry you can stamp your images. This gives your card a mother of pearl effect.
- Take a plain stamping spot and pour shimmer paint over it, then take a plastic knife and work it into the spot until it is all absorbed. You can now use this colored spot to stamp an image or sentiment.
- Pick up ink in any color on a stamp, then take a sponge dobber and pick up the desired color of shimmer paint and stamp image. This gives you a multi-colored shimmer effect.
- Run your cardstock through an embossing folder and sponge over the raised edges with any color ink. Take a plain dobber and pick up some shimmer paint on a clear block before running it over the embossed image.
- Using a spritzer add Frosted White Shimmer Paint and few drops of reinker in any color you chose, then spray your cardstock to turn it into an extra shimmer background layer piece.
For this week’s project, I thought I would show off the returning shimmer paint.
This fun card showcases the Frosted White Shimmer Paint.
Watch a pre-recorded Facebook lIve to see how I utilized tips and tricks to make this fun card. This video is in two parts. Feel free to fast-forward or rewind.
Technique and Fun Fold Class will be held at 2 o’clock on Sunday the 23rd of September.
Thank you for stopping by my stamping place,