I wanted to share some tips and tricks with you in regards to Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol markers known as the Blends. These markers are artist quality and are easy to use. They turn any project into one of professional quality.
Tips and Tricks
- Lay a grid sheet or computer paper underneath your workspace to protect it from the bleed through that occurs with alcohol markers.
- For best results stamp image on Thick Whisper White or Very Vanilla.
- Stamp image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad to prevent bleeding and allow for this to be fully dry before you color to protect your image and coloring from smearing.
- Break down the image into smaller sections so that you can blend while the ink is still wet as this gives the best results.
- You can blend coloring from dark to light or light to dark.
- Store horizontally so that ink is evenly distributed.
- For a quick storage solution use the Acetate Card Boxes on page 193 in the Annual Catalog boxes on page 193.
- Lids are nestable so that you do not have to set lids down on the table to lose.
- Use the Color Lifter to add highlights or shadowing around or on an image.
- If you accidentally colored outside of the lines run the color lifter beside it and gently move the color back to where you want it.
Thank you for stopping by my stamping place,